Havant Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services.
The privacy notice below explains how we use information about you if you have been classed as a vulnerable person during the coronavirus pandemic, and how we protect your privacy.
We have a Data Protection Officer who makes sure we respect your rights and follow the law. If you have any concerns or questions about how we look after your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 023 9244 6019 and asking to speak to the Data Protection Officer.
View our full privacy notice.
Your personal details
The reasons we use your data
Information on residents requiring assistance is provided to the council by Hampshire County Council, where residents register for support through the Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline.
The council, as data controller for the personal data shared by the Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline, or collected directly from residents, undertakes to:
• access and process the information only for the purpose of delivering the service
• only process the information for as long as is necessary to deliver the service
Information is shared to:
• facilitate the health and wellbeing of people who are extremely vulnerable
• ensure they can obtain essential supplies (groceries and medicine)
• enable access to social contact and support with basic care needs
Why we are allowed to use your data
The legal basis for the council to process and share the information is provided by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Article 6 (1) (e) the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
The council will obtain consent from the person to proceed with any calls and to sharing their information with any other third parties.
Categories of Personal Data being processed
• Email Address
• Contact Number(s)
• NHS Numbers
• Date of Birth when required e.g. Prescription collection and delivery service
Special Categories of Personal Data being Processed (if applicable)
Relevant Medical Information (e.g. self-isolating or shielding information)
Health Information (e.g. food intolerances)
Lawful Basis for Processing Special Category Data
• 9(2)(g) the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest performance of a task carried out in the public interest under and;
• Processing necessary under Paragraph 6, Schedule 1 of the Data Protection Act 2018
Who else might we share your data with?
Council staff and/or volunteers from working in other voluntary sector organisations contacting people directly, by telephone where possible, to offer them services and support, including help with shopping or food deliveries, regular outbound calls/welfare checks, prescription drop-off support and other forms of assistance as agreed with the individual
How long will your data be kept?
12 months from Cessation of Service
Will your data be stored outside of the UK?
Will computers make any decisions about you?